8th Annual Upstate Stroke Symposium
This is the 8th annual stroke symposium which was started as a means to meet the educational needs of providers offering cerebrovascular and stroke care in the region. This event is designed to cover topics that are addressed in the Joint Commission Disease Specific Care requirements for stroke center certification and to follow the published guidelines primarily from the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association for acute ischemic stroke, intracerebral hemorrhage, and subarachnoid hemorrhage. Additionally, this event is designed to help support our stroke survivor community by raising funds to support the annual stroke retreat and refresh camp event. The event will also highlight the impact of stroke services on stroke survivors.
- Physicians, NPs/PAs, and RNs in:
- Emergency Medicine
Emergency medical response
- To teach learners:
- The new recommendations from the 2018 Acute Ischemic Stroke guidelines,
- How the guidelines differ from former methods and/or practices, as well as the need for and the importance of the guidelines
- How and when the guidelines should be utilized when assessing appropriate care for patients in a practice , hospital or pre-hospital setting.
- To encourage learners:
- To modify and amend their current methods/practices/processes of assessing stroke cases by implementing the new guidelines for the treatment and care of stroke patients
Physicians (MDs and DOs) will receive AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
All other attendees will receive attendence credit.
- 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville - Greenville Health System (USCSOMG-GHS) designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville - Greenville Health System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 6.00 Attendance