2019 Swamp Rabbit Prehospital Medicine Conference
The field of pre-hospital emergency medicine is ever changing in a quickly changing social and healthcare environment. Terrorism and active-shooter incidents have become common place and rapidly evolving research in many areas of pre-hospital medicine is changing the way emergency care providers must think about and provide care. Many of the “accepted norms” and time-honored practices of pre-hospital care have been forced to change due to these changes. These changes have created gaps in knowledge of those involved in providing emergency care. The goal of the Swamp Rabbit Prehospital Medicine Conference is to bridge these gaps and provide knowledge to the variety of caregivers that are exposed to pre-hospital and emergency care.
Advanced Practice Providers
- Recognize and identify the most common injuries and situations associated with the current trends of emergency medicine, and the protocols and standards of care that apply to each situation.
- Recognize and describe the most common types of patients present in an emergency setting, the chief complaints and/or injuries affecting those patients, common remote and/or austere emergency environments, and the various aspects each can have on successful patient care.
- Differentiate between new treatment methods and skills, and demonstrate understanding in how and when to utilize each when faced with each of the various combinations of patient/injury/environment
- Demonstrate familiarity in adapting to various obstacles and/or challenges they may encounter when faced with a less than optimal care setting
- Apply hands on techniques and procedures learned in a simulated setting
Physicians (MDs and DOs) will receive AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. All other attendees will receive attendance credit.
The South Carolina Board of Registered Nursing recognizes that Continuing Medical Education (CME) is acceptable for meeting RN continuing education requirements as long as the course is certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Nurses will receive a Certificate of Participation following this activity that may be used for license renewal.
- 12.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville - Greenville Health System (USCSOMG-GHS) designates this live activity for a maximum of 12.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville - Greenville Health System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 12.00 Attendance
Registration price includes attendance for both day of the conference. No partial payments will be accepted, and no refunds will be given after the 15th of May.
All breakout sessions will take place on May 31st. Please be conscious to avoid registering for the same breakout twice.