Emergency Medicine Faculty Development Workshops
On-shift performance feedback provided to residents is an essential part of the work of Emergency Medicine faculty, yet literature and a recently conducted needs assessment suggests this complex interaction is not completely understood. In particular, there is a deficiency between what resident versus attending physicians’ expectations are related to on-shift feedback, as well as best practices in how to provide the feedback in the most appropriate manner. Faculty physicians cite a deficiency of knowledge in this area, and desire for further training on this topic.
This activity aims to close the practice gap in faculty knowledge, competency, and performance in providing on-shift feedback. Faculty will be provided with a foundation of knowledge in evidence-based feedback techniques during this interactive course. The goal of the course is to enhance faculty skills in providing feedback, and specifically in administering the CORD Standardized Direct Observational Assessment Tool (SDOT) Emergency Medicine Outcomes Assessment tool to enhance on-shift feedback.
- Faculty Physicians
At the conclusion of this course, learners will be better able to:
- Increase opportunities for assessment and feedback that employ direct observation practices
- Provide effective feedback to trainees during clinical education after actively participating in education simulations
- Apply resident remediation strategies and approaches to foster successful interventions
- Self-assessed modification of learner attitudes, knowledge, or skills
- Transfer of learning: objectively
- Measure change in learner or observer knowledge or skills
- Create effective assessment plan
To claim credit for a workshop, click on the title. You will then be redirected to that activity's registration page where you will enter the 'Access Code' you received during the activity itself. Once you have unlocked the course, proceed through the course outline to claim your credit and receive your certificate.
The Emergency Medicine Faculty Development Workshops are held live over ZOOM. If you are interested in learning more about these workshops, please contact Sara Dimeo at Sara.Dimeo@prismahealth.org.