Controlled Substance Prescribing: Do's & Don'ts
The workshop will be case-based, allowing participants to discuss challenging aspects of controlled substance prescribing and develop patient-centered treatment plans aligned with CDC guidelines. Participants will also interact directly with the SCRIPTS database and have the chance to troubleshoot and have questions answered by local experts (Dr. Bruce Hanlin, Greenville Health System task force; and Christie Frick, director of the Prescription Monitoring Program with SC DHEC).
- Primary Care Physicians
- Family Medicine Residents
- Understand and discuss statistics to create awareness of crisis and need for change
- Name state laws regarding SCRIPTS utilization
- Name departmental policies regarding controlled substance prescribing and monitoring
- Discuss best practice and implementation strategies to adhere to departmental policies regarding controlled substance prescribing and monitoring
- Discuss strategies to adhere to state laws regarding SCRIPTS utilization
- Identification of patient cases and related treatment/prescribing approaches
Physicians (MDs and DOs) will receive AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
All other attendees will receive attendence credit.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville - Greenville Health System (USCSOMG-GHS) designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville - Greenville Health System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 2.00 Attendance