| || |
- Explain how the different causes and presentations of emergencies will affect how EMTs perform each step of the patient assessment process.
- Identify the components of the patient assessment process.
- Describe how to determine the mechanism of injury (MOI) or nature of illness (NOI) at an emergency and the importance of differentiating trauma patients from medical patients.
- Explain the process for determining the priority of patient care and transport at an emergency scene and include examples of conditions that necessitate immediate transport.
- Discuss the process of taking a focused history, its key components, and its relationship to the primary assessment process.
- Explain the importance of performing a reassessment of the patient and the steps in this process.
|EMT Wellness & Safety |
- Steps that contribute to wellness and their importance in managing stress
- Define disease and communicable disease
- Routes of disease transmission
- Standard precautions in treating patient to prevent infection
- Steps to take for personal protection from airborne / blood borne diseases
- Proper handwashing
- Know physiologic, physical, and psychological responses to stress
Firefighter Down CPR
- Discuss the Physical Stress of Firefighting
- Risks of Sudden Cardiac Arrest During Firefighting Activities
- Discuss the FD-CPR 10 Step Process
- Gear removal
- Continuous CPR