MODULE: Eye by POCUS?
A little physics for vulnerable structures
- How to assess for lens displacement.
- How to assess for retinal detachment.
- How to assess for elevated intraocular/intracranial pressure.
- How to assess for vitreal detachment.
- Review basic concepts of bedside ultrasound.
- Identify the role of limited thoracic ultrasound.
- Discuss superficial and deep components of thoracic ultrasound.
- Identify lungs zones.
- Distinguish normal from abnormal.
Competencies this activity addresses:
Apply quality improvement
Employ evidence-based practice
Patient care and procedural skills
Practice-based learning and improvement
Provide patient-centered care
Work in interdisciplinary teams