Society of Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM) Southeastern Regional Conference
This is a live activity over two days with simulation and didactic learning available. The simulation portion will be in the use of medical equipment to aid in diagnosing. The didactic portion will be surrounding best practices and decreasing clinician burnout.
- Keynote speakers include Diann Krykwo, MD, Sean Fox, MD, and Wendy Coates, MD
- LLSA Workshop: A joint collaboration with SCCEP, for more information, visit here.
- Collaboration with the Clemson University 3rd Annual Harriet & Jerry Dempsey Research Conference
The program committee for the Society of Academic Emergency Medicine Southeastern Regional Conference is currently accepting proposals for didactic sessions including: 360, 560, PechaKucha, Simulation Olympics and CPC participation, for the 2019 meeting. If you are interested in submitting a proposal, visit here.
Abstracts are being accepted through December 10, 2018. For more information, visit here.
If you are an exhibitor interested in attending this activity, please fill out the exhibitor form.
For hotel information, please visit the VENUE tab.
- Clinicians engaged in the care of the acutely ill or injured patient: Physicians, Residents, Medical Students , APPS, RNs, EMS Providers
- Researchers and Educators who study an area of science related to the acutely ill or injured patient: PhD, Graduate & Undergraduate students
- Increase mentorship, networking, and leadership development opportunities.
- Cultivate the next generation of leaders though increased participation in SAEM.
- Promote high impact innovations in medical education.
- Promote participation in academics by emergency medicine faculty, residents, advanced practice providers, and medical students.
- Enhance research and teaching skills that affect clinical practice and education in emergency medicine
SAEM Southeast Agenda
Friday, February 22, 2019
University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville (607 Grove Road)
|12:00-1:30||SAEM Registration||LLSA Review 2016|
(Working Lunch Included)
|1:30-2:10||Keynote Speaker-Diann Krywko, MD|
"The Value of Mentoring-Rejecting the H0"
|2:30-5:30||POCUS Guided Regional Analgesia|
POCUS Guided Resuscitation
|Simulation Olympics||LLSA Review 2017 (2:15-3:45)|
LLSA Review 2018 (4:00-5:30)
|6:30||SAEM Southeast 2019 Welcome Reception|
Friday, February 22, 2019
Clemson University Nursing Building (605 Grove Road)
|8:30-11:45||3rd Annual Harriet and Jerry Dempsey Research Conference|
Dempsey Networking Lunch (RSVP Required)
|12:30-1:15||Dempsey Conference-Understanding Physician Stress, Workflow, and Task Interruptions|
Raj Ratwani, PhD, MedStar Health
Saturday, February 23, 2019
Greenville ONE Center
|AWAEM Breakfast||Exhibits Open|
|7:45-8:00||Welcoming Remarks-Cami Pfennig, MD and Wendy Coates, MD|
|8:00-8:30||Keynote Speaker-Sean Fox, MD|
SLOE's-The Good, the Bad,
|CPC||APP Open Forum|
Drowning in FOAM? (Khadpe)
Maximizing Journal Club
|Residency Program Director Panel|
Clinical Education in ED
|So You Want to Be|
an Amazing Resident?
Words of Wisdom
|11:45-12:45||LUNCH and Visit Exhibits|
|12:45-1:45||Elephants and Art (Cifuni/Ramsay)|
Child Life Better
|1:45-2:15||Keynote Speaker-Wendy Coates, MD|
|2:15-2:45||Transition to Ink and Ivy|
|3:00-5:00||Kahoot Competition (Ink and Ivy)|
|3:00-6:00||Research Forum and Awards Banquet (Ink and Ivy)|
USC School of Medicine Greenville
607 Grove Road
Greenville, SC 29605
The One Center
1 N Main Street
Greenville, SC 29601
The One Center
Thank you for your interest in SAEM Southeastern Regional Conference. If you are interested in making a hotel reseveration we have several options for you listed below, and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at info@SAEMsoutheast.com.
Aloft Hotel - $164 per night
- Call their reservation line at 1-866-716-8143 and request the Academic Emergency Medicine block or book online through their site here.
Holiday Inn Express - $129 per night
- Call their reservation line at 877-814-2530 and request the Society of Academic Emergency Medicine block, group code AEM, or book online through their site here.
Home2Suites by Hilton - $129 per night
- Call their reservation line at 1-800-455-8667 and request the Society of Academic Emergency Medicine block, group code AEM, or book online through their site here.
Physicians (MDs and DOs) will receive AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
All other attendees will receive attendence credit for an AMA PRA Category 1 accredited activity.
- 12.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville - Greenville Health System (USCSOMG-GHS) designates this live activity for a maximum of 12.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville - Greenville Health System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 12.00 Attendance
The SAEM Conference registration price includes both Friday and Saturday. All registration fees are paid through the site via debit or credit card.
For an additional cost, practicing physicians have the opportunity to register for the LLSA workshop on Friday. Physicians choosing to sign up for both the LLSA Workshop and the SAEM Conference will receive a discounted registration as outlined in the chart below.
For any questions regarding this information, please contact the CME staff at email@example.com.
The CME Team
Early bird pricing ends February 1, 2019 at 5:00pm EST.
|SAEM Conference Registration||Early Bird||Standard|
|LLSA Workshop & SAEM Combo||Early Bird||Standard|
|LLSA Workshop Registration||Early Bird||Standard|