2020 Society of Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM) Southeastern Regional Conference
- Keynote speakers include: Corey Slovis, MD, Christina Shenvi, MD, and Michelle Lall, MD
- Hands-on Ultrasound Session on Friday afternoon: "Time-savers versus Life-savers - The Ultrasound Applications that Maximize Efficiency and Optimize Patient Care." Included with conference registration.
- Team-based resident board review competition on Friday afternoon
If you are interested in exhibiting, please fill out an SAEM Exhibitor Form.
For hotel information, please visit the VENUE tab.
Call for Didactics
The program committee for the Society of Academic Emergency Medicine Southeastern Regional Conference is currently accepting proposals for resident presentations including PechaKucha and CPC competitions. Submit proposals here.
Call for Abstracts
Abstracts are being accepted through January 2, 2020. For more information, visit here.
- Clinicians engaged in the care of the acutely ill or injured patient: Physicians, Residents, Medical Students , APPS, RNs, EMS Providers
- Researchers and Educators who study an area of science related to the acutely ill or injured patient: PhD, Graduate & Undergraduate students
- Increase mentorship, networking, and leadership development opportunities.
- Cultivate the next generation of leaders though increased participation in SAEM.
- Promote high impact innovations in medical education.
- Promote participation in academics by emergency medicine faculty, residents, advanced practice providers, and medical students.
- Enhance research and teaching skills that affect clinical practice and education in emergency medicine
|Friday, February 21, 2020|
|1:15 - 1:30 p.m.||Check-in & On-site Registration|
|1:30 - 3:30 p.m.||Time-savers Vs Life-savers|
|3:30 - 5:30 p.m.||Resident Escape Room|
|Saturday, February 22, 2020|
|7:15 - 8:00 a.m.||Registration & AWAEM Breakfast|
|8:00 - 8:05 a.m.||Welcome & Opening Remarks|
|8:05-8:45 a.m.||"Teaching Teaching...More than 5 Causes, 5 Steps, 5 Reasons"|
Dr. Corey Slovis
|8:50 - 10:30 a.m.||CPC Competition|
|10:40 - 11:20 a.m.||"Creating Courageous Leaders"|
Dr. Christina Shenvi
|11:20 - 12:15 p.m.||Lunch|
|12:15 - 1:30 p.m.||PechaKucha Competition (Auditorium)|
P.D. & Resident Panel (Room 341)
"Getting Where You Want to Go" - Tips for a successful match
|1:35 - 2:15 p.m.||"Bias: The Impact on Medical Education"|
Dr. Michelle Lall
|2:15 - 2:20 p.m.||Closing Remarks|
|2:30 - 5:30 p.m.||Abstract Poster Session (Ink & Ivy)|
USC School of Medicine Greenville
607 Grove Road
Greenville, SC 29605
The One Center
1 N Main Street
Greenville, SC 29601
The One Center
If you are interested in booking a hotel room, contact the Aloft Hotel in downtown Greenville for the conference rate of $155/night.
- 9.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville - Greenville Health System (USCSOMG-GHS) designates this live activity for a maximum of 9.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville - Greenville Health System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Thank you for your interest in the SAEM Southeast Regional Meeting. Online registration for this meeting is now closed, however you will still have the opportunity to register onsite the day of the conference.
Early bird pricing ends February 1, 2020 at 5:00pm EST.
|SAEM Conference Registration||Early Bird||Standard|